Search

How to Use Social Media for Your Small Business

5 Social Media Tips for Small Business Owners


If you own a small business and are wondering how to use social media to grow your business follow these 5 tips to make the most out of your social media marketing efforts.


If you own a small business, you probably spend a lot of your time trying to find the latest social media marketing tips.

Social media is a great way to get your name out, and it also helps you,

  • build brand awareness

  • develop customer relationships

  • and even make sales directly within social platforms.




Here are my favorite social media tips to help you market your business.


1. Start with a plan


We all use social media in our day-to-day lives, so there’s a level of comfort with these channels.

But before you start posting random content, remember: every great business strategy starts with a great plan. even though social media is free to use. The time and effort involved still represent an investment in your business.

Without a plan, you have no clear goal for what you’re trying to achieve. That means there’s no way to know if you’re getting a return on that investment.


Take time to make a social media plan, this way you will be posting with a purpose.


Set Social Media Goals


Create goals using the SMART method, This means that they should be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely.


Base your goals on metrics that will have a real impact on your business. For example, you could aim to acquire customers, rather than simply racking up likes.


Likes and followers are vanity metrics


Create a Social Media Calendar


Social media calendars help you post the right content to the right social channels strategically.


Use the 80-20 rule. Use 80% of your content to inform, educate, or entertain your audience. Use the other 20% to promote your brand or sell your products.


People don't log on to social media to be sold to


2. Know your audience

Using social media for business is very effective and the b best part is that you can micro-target your audience. But first, you need to understand who your audience is.


Start by looking into collected data on your current customers. Then, study social media analytics You’ll soon start to understand who’s buying from and interacting with you online.


Once you’ve defined your audience, you can create buyer personas, which will help you understand the best ways to speak to your audience.


3. Build relationships

One of the many benefits of social media marketing for small business is that it allows you to talk directly to customers and followers. You can build relationships over time, and create loyal customers.

When people engage with your content, it's important to engage back. This helps to build trust and form a loyal following. As fans share and like your content, you gain new, free, exposure.


Nurturing relationships can also help you build a loyal community that will lead to ongoing sales over time. New customer acquisition is great, but don’t underestimate the value of customer retention.


4. Focus on quality over quantity

It’s more important to create quality content on a couple of key platforms than it is to have a presence on every single platform.


Make sure that your social posts offer value. If all you do is pitch and sell, there’s very little motivation for people to follow you.


social marketing is about building relationships.


Focus on using one or two social media channels really well. Once you’ve got those mastered, you can build from what you’ve learned and expand your efforts.


5. Track and refine your performance

As you implement your social strategy, it’s important to keep track of what works and what doesn’t. You can then fine-tune your efforts and improve results.

Once you have an idea of how your strategy is working, it’s time to start looking for ways to improve.



Conclusion


No matter the size of your business, social media can help you better connect with your audience, reach new potential customers, and increase awareness of your brand.

Once you find what works, expand your efforts and your audience.

One of the great advantages of social media for small business is you can use the platforms in whatever way makes the most sense for your business and your budget at any given time.


Use my CEO planner for

DIY social media audit Social media stats tracking Content metrics Advertising tracking Content planning

























43 views1 comment

Recent Posts

See All
4.png